Wireless Network for Student / Staff / Faculty
New Wireless Network: RCCD_iNet
A recent wireless network has been developed to allow users to access the internet without having to login over and over again. There is no time limit to this network and no splash screen before you login. The network is also encrypted and more secure.
(See instructions on how to connect below)
NOTE: this new wireless network is not a replacement for the Internet_LAN. If you have any questions about the wireless service, please email to email@example.com.
How to Connect to a Wireless Network
- On your device, find the wireless connection icon. It might look like one of these:
- Find the wireless network you would like to connect to (e.g. RCCD_iNet)
- Click Connect
- You will be prompted to login using your own username and password.
- STUDENTS: Know your student email address.
e.g. if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username would be adavis19. Your password is your 8-digit birthday in the MMDDYYYY format.
- STAFF/FACULTY: Use your email's username and password.
e.g. if your email address is email@example.com, your username would be adavis and your current email password.
- GUESTS: See information on the Guest network below.
Wireless Guest Network (RCCD_Guest)
RCCD_Guest, a new wireless network, is now available on the three Colleges. This wireless service is for guests to access the network without contacting the Helpdesk or completing a wireless access form. RCCD_Guest was made possible using Measure C funds, replacing old wireless access points with the updated system. The guest account will allow users two hours of access before needing to login again by providing an email account. This new service is not yet available at any of the satellite campuses or district sites.
How to connect to the Guest network:
- Find the RCCD_Guest network, connect, and follow instructions on your browser
NOTE: Access by way of Internet_LAN or Internet_ONLY will remain unchanged until further notice.