Riverside City College (RCC) first opened in 1916, sharing facilities with Riverside Polytechnic High School. In 1924, the College built its first two buildings – the historical Quadrangle, which today remains a fixture on the campus. In 1965, Poly High School relocated, leaving the College a blank slate for future growth and planning. As the state’s seventh oldest community college in California, RCC initial enrollment totaled 114 students.
Today, RCC operates as a comprehensive
liberal arts and sciences college, and is known for program emphasis in nursing, performing arts and career and applied technologies.