The Counseling Department is dedicated to student success.
Whether you want to take courses for self development, complete work toward a vocational certificate, work toward an Associate degree, or transfer to a four-year university, we are here to help you develop a plan to reach your goals.
Counselors can help with:
- Choosing a major for an Associate degree
- Transferring to a four-year university
- Developing an education plan
- Course selection
- Career research and testing
- Referrals to services and programs
- Counseling for personal or school-related problems
- Study skills
There are several ways to see a counselor:
Talk to a counselor on a first-come, first-served basis during designated drop-in hours. Drop-in counseling is intended for quick questions and general information--no transcripts, records, etc. Call the Counseling office to find out daily drop-in hours.
Make a 30-minute appointment with a counselor for assistance with transcript evaluation, career planning, educational plans, etc. Call or stop by the Counseling office to schedule an appointment. Make a counseling appointment
How to Prepare for a 30-Minute Counseling Appointment
- BE ON TIME!
- Bring transcripts from other colleges, test scores, your education plan, and any other records that are relevant to the issues you want to discuss.
- Make a list of questions you want to ask.
- Do as much legwork ahead of time so you can make the most out of your time with the counselor.
Note: If a student cannot keep an appointment, it is imperative to either call (951-222-8440) to cancel or go online to cancel the appointment at least 24 hours in advance (see below for instructions).
Canceling a Counseling Appointment
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. There are two ways to cancel:
- Log into the SARS GRID Online Appointment System
- Call the Counseling Office at (951) 222-8440
Online Counseling Appointment
Online Counseling appointment students must be enrolled in online courses to be able to schedule online appointment. You can do this through WebAdvisor