High Tech Center
The High Tech Center is a computer training center designed to train individuals with disabilities to use adaptive technologies. These technologies enable students to gain access to standard college coursework. With diligent application of the skills gained in the High Tech Center, students are better prepared for success in their college course endeavors and future employment. Please follow the links listed below to find information on the different hardware and software that is made available to students in the High Tech Center and what the requirements are for obtaining access to the lab.
All students with a disability that are accepted into the DSPS program are eligible to use the High Tech Center.
High Tech Center - Available Software and Hardware
- High speed computers with 19" flat-panel monitors for students with low vision.
- Flatbed scanners at each station
- Headphones available for private listening
- Andrea Antinoise USB NC-7100 microphones for use with Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Logitech Ergonomic keyboards w/ touchpads and other alternative keyboards
- Kensington Expert Mouse Trackballs and other ergonomic mice