La Casa Engagement Center
¡Sí Se Puede!
La Casa is an in-depth Latinx focused academic support program and center. Our main goal is to serve the Latinx student community by engaging students in their personal, social, and academic development through a cultural, historical, social awareness and empowerment program.
|LA Casa INTEREST FORM||THE PUENTE PROJECT|
Visit La Casa
Bradshaw Building, Room 202
We support equity groups with academic, instructional, self-affirming, and direct support. This allows students to remain engaged in campus life while successfully completing coursework, leading to degree completion and/or transfer opportunities. Students will be:
- Supported throughout the four Pillars of the RCC Guided Pathways
- Given the opportunity to engage in academic and equity activities within a supportive community
- Provided opportunities to explore unique academic and professional areas of interest
- Valued and supported in the successful attainment of their academic, career and personal development goals (Riverside City College Student Equity Committee Mission)
Anyone Can Apply
- Apply and complete the RCC Orientation, Assessment and Counseling Process
- Be Enrolled Full-Time
- Be an RCC Home College student
- Submit La Casa Application
- Attend a Mandatory Program Orientation
- Sign La Casa’s Mutual Responsibility Agreement
The application period is currently closed. Please complete the La Casa Interest Form if interested in receiving more information.
Now Recruiting for 2022 - 23 Academic Year
The Puente Project is an academic and community leadership program that helps students transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Puente meets this goal by supporting students through two transfer-level college composition classes, emphasizing Chicanx/Latinx literature, three guidance courses, participation and volunteering in the Puente Club, and mentoring by professionals in the community. Students remain with the same instructor, counselor, and mentor for one full year.
- College tours
- Cultural events
- La Casa resources
- Professional community mentors
- Puente Club involvement and leadership
- Support team (English tutor, peer mentor)
- Transfer assistance
How to participate in the Puente Project
Fill out the Puente Interest Form
A Puente staff member will contact students by email with orientation dates.
For more information, please email RCC_Puente@rcc.edu
Important Links for Dreamers
- RCC DREAMers Program
- RCC Financial Services
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office
- United We Dream
- Know Your Rights Poster