Welcome Military Affiliated Students

RCC Veteran Resources

You served our country and earned your place on our campus — our Veterans Center and programs are designed to help you with the support and guidance you need to help you succeed. Veterans are eligible for four years of priority registration to be used within fifteen years of being discharged from active duty.

2023-24 Military Friendly® School

MFS Logo Riverside City College is an institution that is dedicated to serving those that have served in our armed forces. Our Veterans resource center and programs are designed to support and guide you in your educational journey. Within the Veterans center, students are given the opportunity to meet with our staff or a counselor, complete a Student Educational Plan, certification for VA benefits, study, access computers and other educational supplies, and engage in on-campus events/activities and build a community with other Veteran students.

Contact us

Location: Music Building-Room 105
Phone: (951) 222-8607 
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm (6 pm on Tuesday)  

RCC Veterans Center

Steps to Receiving Benefits

The following steps help and guide you, as a new Veteran student, in transition to Riverside City College and reaching your educational/career goals. To avoid being dropped for non-payment, submit your RCC Veteran's Statement of Responsibility immediately after registering for courses. There are admission application deadlines to apply for RCC (See Above). Call 888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) for questions regarding pay, the Certificate of Eligibility, or VA Benefits.
  • Chapter 30, 33, 1606 or 1607 - Apply with the Veterans’ Affairs Office(VA) - Form 22-1990
  • Chapter 35 - Apply with the VA - Form 22-5490
    • Apply online , or
    • Obtain the 22-5490 from RCC Veterans Services.

Note : Within 2-4 weeks, the VA will send you two copies of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Bring one of the two copies to RCC Veterans Services. 

  • Chapter 30, 33, 1606 or 1607
    • Transfer your benefits to be used by turning in Form 22-1995 to RCC Veterans Services.
    • Forms can be found at https://www.va.gov/vaforms.
  • Chapter 35
    • Transfer your benefits to be used by turning in Form 22-5495 to RCC Veterans Services.
    • Forms can be found at https://www.va.gov/vaforms.  
  • First-time college students, transfer students, and returning students Apply Online
  • Students may apply for Financial Aid
    • For further information, visit the Student Financial Services website or contact Student Financial Services at (951) 222-8710 
  • First-time college students and returning students will complete their Placement Survey in MyPortal for appropriate placement in Math and English classes.
  • Login to MyPortal
  • First-time college students may do an Online Orientation and First Semester Ed Plan via MyPortal
  • Activate your RCCD email account 
  • Veterans are eligible for priority registration for four years after being discharged from active duty. To obtain a priority registration date, Veterans must take a copy of their DD214, discharge papers, to RCC Veterans Services; in person or via email to veterans@rcc.edu. Staff will eligible Veterans priority registration dates - 21SUM May 3-7 and 21FAL June 1-4 starting at 8 AM
  • If you do not have a copy of your DD214, you can request yours here

Request all Official Transcripts be mailed to
Riverside City College - Incoming Transcripts 
4800 Magnolia Ave 
Riverside, CA 92506 

When applicable, electronic requests may be sent to admissionsriverside@rcc.edu

For further information concerning transcripts procedures please visit RCC transcripts website.

Note: Before your enrollment can be certified, all prior credit must be evaluated. Transcripts must be official, sealed and less than 90 days old. 
Transcripts Required: 

  • Military transcripts (Army, National Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard) 
  • All other College or University transcripts 
  • High School transcripts for certain educational plans 

Military Transcript Request Forms*: 

* Include the RCC address on transcript requests and send your request to the address or the fax number on the form. 


The Transfer Evaluation System site includes information for public view on transfer articulations including American Council on Education (ACE) for Military Articulation to Riverside City College (RCC). Although Riverside City College has made this available for public use, the database does not take the place of a counselor and proper student advising. Once you become a student at RCC, please make an appointment with a counselor to develop you Student Education Plan (SEP).  Schedule Appointment to meet with a RCC Counselor.

Check That RCC Received Transcripts 

Check via WebAdvisor (under transcripts received) to see if all transcripts have been received by the college. 

Contact RCC Veterans Services as soon as all transcripts are received via phone (951) 222-8607 or email veterans@rcc.edu.

  • Request a transcript evaluation. Once you have received confirmation that the evaluation is complete a Student Education Plan (SEP) can be created.
  • Please remember your placement survey (completed during application) must be complete and all official transcripts must be submitted for the VRC Student Education Plan (SEP) to be created.
  • Some military specialties are approved to received RCC credit for courses/trainings that occurred while in the service, make sure to speak with your VRC Counselor about this opportunity. Please submit the Credit for Prior Learning Form

Apply at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Riverside City College Financial Aid school code 001270.

RCCD Student Email will provide you important notices from the Veterans Resource Center including certification confirmation, registration date, upcoming events, faculty correspondence, and much more. For information about activating your student email go to www.rcc.edu and log in to MyPortal.

  • For assistance choosing a program of study, you can meet with the RCC Veterans’ Academic Counselor. 
    • Be prepared to share your VA approved intended 'Program of Study'.
    • College articulation agreements can be found at www.assist.org or
    • A list of VA approved programs is available to view at www.gibill.va.gov 
    • When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VA SEP.  Only required classes listed are payable by the VA.  

To schedule a VA Counseling appointment, contact the VRC at 951-222-8607 or email at veterans@rcc.edu

  • Students register for classes via MyPortal or EduNav on or after their assigned registration date and time (View registration dates on MyPortal)
  • Once enrolled in classes, fill out a Statement of Responsibility Form
    • This form is also available at RCC Veterans Services and must be completed by the student each semester to request benefits
    • Turning in this form immediately upon registering for classes will prevent Veterans from being dropped for non-payment
    • The SOR informs the RCC VA Certifying Officials of your intent to use benefits for the semester to process you through the VA for accurate usage of benefits.
  • Veterans Services will submit the enrollment certification to the VA for required courses only, please be mindful of your units as it will affect your benefits. 
  • At the end of every month, Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 students must call (877) 823-2378 or go to http://gibill.va.gov/resources/verify_attendance/ to verify enrollment and receive payment. 
  • Note: Chapter 33, 33-TR, and 35 do not verify enrollment but dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 for certification status
  • *Students are qualified to take transfer-level Math and English or academic ESL in the first year at RCC
  • To change your program of study, you must fill out Form 22-1995 (Chapter 30, 33, 1606, and 1607) or Form 22-5495 (Chapter 35). 
  • Turn the 22-1995 or 22-5495 in to RCC Veterans Services. You will also need an updated VA SEP. To schedule a VA Counseling appointment, contact the VRC at 951-222-8607 or email at veterans@rcc.edu
  • Call 888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) for questions regarding pay, the Certificate of Eligibility, or VA Benefits.
  • Check your RCCD email!

Admission Dates and Deadlines

RCC offers multiple opportunities throughout the year to enroll, and you can start during any sessions- Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer.