RCC Counseling and Advising
Let Us Help You Reach Your Potential
College Counselors are here to help you plan and navigate your academic journey so you can successfully complete your courses and earn your certificate, associates’s degree, and/or transfer to your chosen institution. Meeting with a counselor is crucial to your success, so be sure to connect with us early during your first full semester and at least every fall and spring thereafter.
We can help you develop a Student Education Plan (SEP), select courses, find additional support, discover opportunities, and guide you in making decisions. We are your team.
Articulation is the process of developing a formal, written agreement that identifies courses on a “sending” campus that are comparable to, or acceptable in lieu of, specific course requirements at a “receiving” campus.
Having support networks increase success! Connect with other students that have similar backgrounds and interests!
EDUNAV is an improved education planning and registration system used throughout Riverside Community College District. With EDUNAV, you plan and register for all your courses in a guided, intuitive system personalized to your needs and preferences.
View additional information concerning college and course information, student support and success services, graduation, and more!
Learn about the program benefits, eligibility requirements, policies, and more!
The Transfer Center can help with the preparation and actual process of transferring to a new institution.
Before Making a Counseling Appointment
- If you are a new student or a student who has missed more than one semester, make sure you have a current application on file. If you are currently enrolled in courses at RCC then you have an application on file. Application for admission.
- If you have ever attended any other colleges outside of our district, please make sure you have requested an official transcript be sent to RCC admissions and records department before making a counseling appointment. During your counseling appointment, please have an unofficial copy available, if possible.
- If your home college is other than Riverside City College, you will only be able to see a RCC counselor during our daily virtual drop-ins.
EDUNAV is an improved education planning and registration system used throughout Riverside Community College District. With EduNav, you plan and register for all your courses in a guided, intuitive system personalized to your needs and preferences. You can quickly:
- Visualize your pathway to graduation, term by term - and understand how any changes to your plan affect your completion timeline
- Block times you'd prefer not to take classes and have the system automatically find classes that meet your needs
- Plan, schedule and register for all your courses in one intuitive interface
- View your entire academic history including any courses transferred from other institutions
Note: EDUNAV must be accessed through MyPortal
To ensure you receive full functionality in EDUNAV, log into MyPortal and access EDUNAV under your registration menu. This will ensure that your custom settings, opt-in or out choices, and more are reflected in the system.
EDUNAV Videos and Downloads
- How to Register with an Add Code ppt
- Edunav Quick Reference Guide pdf
- EduNav SmartPlan Student Manual pdf