RCC Math Learning Center
About the Math Learning Center
Our mission in the Math Learning Center is to ensure each student receives the help they need to succeed. We provide a clean and engaging learning environment for students to study in groups or alone. We offer computers, books, and tutors for the following classes: Math 35, 36, 25, 10, 11, 12, 1A, 1B, 1C, 2, and 3.
- Drop-in math tutoring, Virtual drop-in tutoring, Textbook and calculator checkout. Math handout and Math video archive.
- RCC Cranium Cafe
- Virtual Tutoring Schedule
Martin Luther King
(951) 222-8000 ext. 4100
To Help Your Mathematical Journey
Guaranteeing Entry to Math
AB 705 is a law requiring California community colleges to maximize the probability
that a student will enter and complete transfer-level coursework in English and math
within a one-year time frame.
Colleges must place students into English and math courses using one or more of the following:
- high school coursework
- high school grades
- high school grade point average
Under the new law, you cannot be denied entry into a transfer-level math and English
class unless the college can prove that you are highly unlikely to succeed.
You can now exercise your right to use multiple measures to determine your placement.
- High school or college transcripts
- Highest level of coursework completed in a subject area and corresponding course grade
- Attitude surveys
- Vocational or career aptitude interest inventories
- Specialized certificates or licenses
- Education and employment histories
- Military training and experience
- Holistic scoring processes
Implementation of AB 705 is important for students because it gives them better chances to succeed.