Automotive Undercar Specialist
The Automotive Undercar Specialist certificate/degree prepares students to apply technical knowledge related to service, diagnosis and repair of; Braking, Steering, and Suspension systems found on modern automobiles. Emphasis placed on hydraulics, wheel alignment, and vibration correction procedures. Antilock brakes, traction control, vehicle stability control, and ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) are covered.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate personal and shop safety procedures needed to safely work in an automotive shop environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose, service and repair automotive suspension and steering systems using industry approved equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose, service and repair automotive brake systems systems using industry approved equipment.
- Utilize common shop equipment to correct wheel alignment and vibration concerns.
- Demonstrate ability to test and diagnose electronic suspension, steering, and braking systems found on modern automobiles.
|Required Courses (20 units)||Units|
|AUT-4A||Automotive Steering and Suspension||4|
|AUT-4B||Advanced Suspension and Brake System||4|
|AUT-6A||Automotive Electrical Systems||4|
Associate of Science Degree
The Associate of Science Degree in Automotive Technology—Undercar Specialist will be awarded upon completion of the degree requirements, including general education and other graduation requirements as described in the college catalog