Department Leadership Council
The Department Leadership Committee of Riverside City College is composed of the chairs and assistant chairs of the academic departments of the college. Department Chairs have obligations to the RCC District, as defined in Board Policy and the NEA/CCA/CTA contract. Many chairs have obligations to the department faculty who elect them as stipulated in department policy. In its status as a standing committee of the Academic Senate, the DLC acts to advise the Riverside City College Academic Senate with regard to “academic and professional” matters, as defined in Title 5 §53200. It further acts to advise the Riverside City College Strategic Planning Committee regarding resource prioritization on behalf of the Academic Senate.
- Review and approve proposed academic programs where such programs appear to be compatible with existing college resources. In such cases where the Department Leadership Committee judges that proposed programs will have an adverse effect on existing programs, it shall recommend to the Academic Senate that approval for such programs be withheld until resources can be identified to support the program.
- Advise the Academic Senate with regard to the prioritization of new full-time faculty hires.
- Promote collaboration among departments and with the administration to best meet student needs and best use of department resources.
- Promote consistent practices in those areas subject to board or college policy.
- With regard to resource allocation and prioritization, the Department Leadership Committee advises the Riverside City College Strategic Planning Committee and, indirectly, the Riverside Community College District Strategic Planning Committee.
The Department Leadership Committee meets on the 4th Thursday of the month while the academic year is in session. A quorum shall require 50% plus one member; where possible, a decision shall be made by consensus. Roberts Rules shall be used to structure the conversation of the committee. While the Vice President of Academic Affairs (or designee of the college president) co-chairs the committee, all votes of the committee regarding matters under the authority of the Academic Senate shall be limited to the faculty members of the committee.
Kevin Mayse, Carol Farrar, Paul O'Connell, Jim Knieriem, Rhonda Taube, Jeff Soto, Jami Brown, Janet Lehr, Laneshia Judon, Leo Truttmann, Paul Richardson, Micherri Wiggs, Peter Westbrook, Garth Schultz, Karyn Magno, Shari Yates, Dariush Haghighat, Kathleen Sell, Jo Scott-Coe, Victor Sandoval, Rom Masterson, Steve Sigloch, Clara Lowden, Jacqueline Lesch, Shannon Hammock, Scott Herrick, Ken Cramm, Marc Sanchez, Jason Wong, Gina Harold (VN), Tammy Vant Hul (ADN), Amy Cowart (CNA), Kevin Mayse, Charlie Richard, Jodi Julian, Rita Chenoweth, Jazminka Knecht, James Cheney, Dorothy Gaylor
Meeting Dates, Agendas and Minutes
|May 28, 2020||Agenda / Minutes|
|April 30, 2020||Agenda / Minutes|
|March 26, 2020||Agenda / Minutes|
|February 27, 2020||Agenda / Minutes|