#CaliforniansForAll College Corps
Riverside City College, Moreno Valley College, and Norco College have joined forces with #CaliforniansForAll College Corps to offer up to 50 students local service opportunities in community organizations, such as food banks, climate action organizations, and k-12 schools for the 2023 - 24 academic year.
College Corps program has three core goals:
- Goal 1: Engage students in meaningful service opportunities that build career pathways, leadership skills and civic responsibility.
- Goal 2: Help students from diverse backgrounds graduate college on time and with less debt.
- Goal 3: Support the work of community-based organizations focused on key local priorities.
Benefits of College Corps
College Corps fellows who complete requirements of the program will:
- Earn up to $10,000 to help pay for college;
- Gain real-world experience and skills to add to your resume;
- Receive practical training and opportunities for professional development and networking;
- Connect with service-oriented student leaders working toward a common purpose within your community and across the state;
- Commit to a total of 450 service hours during the 2023 - 24 academic year (approximately 12-15 hours per week).
- Service hours will be completed within local K-12 schools, food banks/pantries, climate action organizations, or agencies providing post-carceral services. (Placement sites will be organized and assigned by the program based on students’ interests).
- Actively participate in trainings, team meetings, and weekly seminars.
- Engage in service initiatives as assigned.
- $7,000 Stipend (provided in monthly installments)
- $3,000 Education Award (upon completion of the program)
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Attend either Riverside City College, Moreno Valley College, or Norco College;
- Be enrolled in 12 or more units each semester;
- Maintain good academic standing;
- Submit FAFSA or California Dream Act Application for 2023 - 24 by June 1, 2023;
- Current U.S. citizen, U.S. National or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States (copy of U.S birth certificate, passport or Legal Permanent Resident Card), or AB 540 Dreamer;
- Complete all background checks upon hire. (Not required for AB 540 Dreamer students).
Priority Application Deadline: March 15, 2023 at 11:59 pm
Final Deadline to Apply: May 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm
- Complete and submit the Application
- In the application you will be asked to respond to two short essay questions. Applicants are encouraged to review Section I of this application before answering. Each response should be within 100-200 words. The questions are
- "Why do you want to be a College Corps Fellow, and why would you be a good fit for the program?"
- "The CA College Corps Program will achieve collective impact through service, training, and leadership opportunities of 3,000+ Fellows, all of whom reflect different lived experiences and beliefs. In previous experiences, what have you done to contribute your perspective, gain a new understanding, or learn from others with a diverse set of beliefs?"
|May 15||Priority Application Deadline|
|May 1||Final Application Deadline|
|April- May||Student Interviews|
|May – June||Notification of Fellow selection|
|August||Program begins with Orientation|
|June 2024||Program Ends|
Darci Manzo Piron
Director, College Corps