Faculty Development Resources
Fall Flex 2022
Fall FLEX Week will kick-off on Tuesday 8/16 with an orientation (via Zoom) for our new full-time faculty members.
All sessions on Wednesday 8/17 and Thursday 8/18 will be virtual.
Most sessions on Friday 8/19 will be held in-person, on campus. There are a few hybrid or virtual options, which we have marked.
An orientation for our Associate Faculty will be held, via Zoom, Thursday evening (8/18).
The Glenn Hunt Center for Teaching Excellence
At Riverside City College, the Glenn Hunt Center for Teaching Excellence has a variety of resources for faculty to utilize while pursuing their professional development activities.
Several desktop computers are available for use in the Faculty Computer Lab, with connection to printers. We also offer a quiet, student-free, space to prepare for class, grade assignments, or take a break between classes.
Resources at faculty members' disposal include, but are not limited to;
- SCANTRON machines, computers, printers
- A small refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine, and water machine
- A supply of "scratchers" (a.k.a. Instant Feedback Test Forms), Scantrons, and Item Analysis for use at no cost to faculty.
There is also a library of books and audio books donated by faculty and others available for check out. We welcome new donations to add to this collection.
|Hours||Monday-Tuesday: Noon -5 pm
Wednesday-Thursday: 8 am-1 pm
For access to the center outside of hours of operation faculty may obtain an access code at the Library Circulation Desk, located on the second floor.
|Location||DL 403, Fourth floor of the Salvatore G. Rotella Digital Library|
- Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Development Committee
Associate Faculty Resources
Flex Presentation Archive
- Creating Internship Programs in Community Colleges
- Keynote Presentation- Equity Minded in California Community College: A Practitioner's Perspective
- Learning Community for Faculty- Centered on Increasing Student Engagement
- NonCredit Presentation
- PERC at RCC
- RCC Equity-Minded Teaching and Learning Institute… What is That
- Strategies to Support Student Parents at RCC
- Student Climate Survey and Equity Audit Key Findings
- Supporting Student Wellness
- Understanding Ethnic Studies and the New CSU Requirement
- Accessibility Tools Overview
- Dr. Isaac Address
- Equity Audit
- Exploring Academic Support Resources Online
- Flex Keynote
- LGBTQIA2+ Community in the Classroom and Beyond
- Moving the Needle on STEM Retention and Persistence
- New Instructional Tools
- New Features in Canvas
- Pitfalls and Solutions for Accessibility
- Returning to the Classroom with Canvas
- Sustainability Champions
- Wednesday General Session